The Jewish Theological Seminary
The Student Life and Residence Life Coordinator serves as the front-line staff person and provides administrative and programming support to the Office of Residence Life and the Office of Student Life at The Jewish Theological Seminary (JTS). They will report to the Director of Residence Life and the Dean of Student Life. A great opportunity for someone seeking an exciting position in a dynamic higher education/student affairs setting with an enthusiasm for helping to create Jewish Life on campus and in the residence halls.
Bachelor degree required. 3 years experience preferred. Qualified applicants must be efficient, professional, friendly, customer-service oriented and be able to handle confidential information. In addition, they must be able to multi-task, pay close attention to details, be proficient in database management and student activity planning, have strong technical and writing skills, and be interested in working with undergraduate and graduate students in a very busy student centered, higher education administration setting. Experience working in student services or a campus Hillel and a knowledge of Judaism is a plus.
Combined Departmental Responsibilities- Residence Life/Student Life:
• Provides excellent community service. Serves as the front-line staff person, receiving, greeting and handling inquiries (visitors, telephone calls, e-mails and other correspondence) from students, faculty, staff and others in a welcoming and friendly manner.
• Maintain strict confidentiality and handle all matters professionally.
• Coordinate Student Life activities throughout the year, including major annual events such as; orientation and Shabbat and Jewish holiday events and retreat planning. Handling room bookings, maintenance set-up requests, catering requests, program registration and event publicity. Attendance at some evening and Jewish holiday events as needed.
• Maintain student activities calendar and work with student leaders, residence hall staff and other departments on campus.
• Manage the housing placements of current and new students utilizing EX database systemand collection of leases and deposits.
• Work with the resident directors to compile on call schedules (RD/JLD as well as RA) and disseminate to other offices.
• Appointment scheduling
• Maintain breakdown of budget expenses and manage budgets for Jewish Life Directors and Resident Directors. Process invoices and reimbursements
• Maintain and update departmental content for website and intranet
• Handles EX-data entry and accurate maintenance of data management systems and event registration systems (Wizevents).
• Create and disseminate assessment surveys and summarize data.
• Coordinate student staff selection process including interview scheduling.
• Other duties as assigned
Scheduling of Student Life and Residence Life Coordinator’s time between the offices will be determined by supervisors based on workflow needs.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to hrdept@JTSA.EDU.
To apply for this job email your details to hrdept@JTSA.EDU