Recruitment and Summer Program Manager
Website Camp Ramah in Canada
Camp Ramah in Canada is a non-profit, overnight summer camp located in the beautiful Muskoka Region of Central Ontario, just two hours north of Toronto. Ramah is the camping arm of Conservative Judaism. A summer at Ramah is spent immersed in Jewish living – highlighted by dynamic and innovative programming. Traditional camp and outdoor activities, including swimming, sports, dance and art, are enhanced by Ramah’s dedication to excellence in informal Jewish education. Combining a love for camping with meaningful Jewish experiences, Ramah instills in its campers and staff a love of Judaism, the Jewish people, Israel and the outdoors.
Job Description: Recruitment and Summer Program Manager
Reports to: Co-Director
Responsible for executing a dynamic strategy to recruit new campers to Camp Ramah. In developing these relationships, you will also be responsible for working closely with current camp families to ensure they re-enroll for camp in future summers.
The key roles include:
- Planning the recruitment calendar and organizing regular information sessions and events in all Camp Ramah’s catchment areas (Ontario, Montreal, Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Rochester, and Israel)
- Planning and implementing year round community programming
- Managing the enrollment of all campers
- Working closely with prospective families to educate them about Camp Ramah in Canada Programs
- Representing Camp Ramah at camp fairs and community events
- Coordinating all shoulder season programming
- Collaborating with Director of Marketing and Communications to ensure the availability of all recruitment materials
- Performing general administrative functions
- Working closely with the development team to support alumni engagement
- Role will include working on evenings and weekends and will involve regular travel
Responsible for planning and facilitating the programmatic aspects of camp. This includes working with summer staff, and camp leadership, while residing up at Camp Ramah in Canada for the summer. You will work closely with the Co-Directors in determining summer goals and priorities. The Program Director will be responsible for execution of programming.
The key roles include:
- Implementing new programmatic initiatives
- Organizing day to day logistics required for camp to run smoothly
- Supervising camp program areas including sport, chug, Israel engagement, and staff programming
- Managing details of all schedules including the daily schedule, summer calendar, and special days
- Booking all camper and staff trips and any summer guests
- Coordinating logistics and program for visitor’s day
- Supply management
- A university degree or equivalent, and at least 2 years equivalent experience working in community engagement, project management and event coordination
- A self-starter, the ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Excellent relationship builder and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and passport required
- Living in the Camp Ramah in Canada catchment area is preferred
- Previous work in a Jewish non-profit organization and/or Camp Ramah alumni an asset
This is a full time position and hybrid work model including both working remotely and in the office as needed.
Please forward your resume to [email protected] Date: June 9, 2023
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Thank you, Camp Ramah in Canada
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com