Website Camp Ramah in California
About Ramah Day Camp LA
Ramah Day Camp LA creates joyful experiences for Jewish children entering K-5th grade. Our campers and staff thrive in an environment overflowing with chesed (kindness), wonder, and discovery, where industry-leading programming is infused with vibrant Jewish tradition. The lifelong connections created at Ramah Day Camp LA inspire our entire kehillah (community) to fall in love with being Jewish every single day.
Ramah Day Camp LA is seeking a Program Coordinator to join our year-round team! The Program Coordinator will work closely with the Day Camp Director and alongside the rest of the Ramah year-round professional team, assisting with camper recruitment; hiring, training and supervising staff; and the creation and implementation of an innovative, fun, and Jewishly-infused summer camp for K-5th graders.
The Program Coordinator must have a strong background in developing and delivering quality programming, experience in crafting innovative Jewish educational experiences, excellent communication skills with all ages, and a passion for working with children. The Program Coordinator will play a pivotal role in building our new day camp which launches in summer 2024, and will benefit from a multitasking start-up mentality, an eagerness for teamwork, and loads of creativity. The position is full time; Camp Ramah in California maintains a hybrid office schedule during the year, while we expect the Program Coordinator to be on site throughout the summer.
- Creation, organization, and implementation of the summer programmatic calendar including:
- Building, executing, and monitoring daily calendar and schedule
- Programming for all special theme days and trips
- Ensuring all programs and activities are developmentally appropriate
- Infusing all programs and activities with Jewish culture, values, and ritual
- Staff recruitment, hiring and training, and supervision including
- Manage recruitment and hiring of summer staff, including counselors, specialists and mishlachat (Israeli staff)
- Directly supervise interns
- Directly supervise summer specialists
- Assist the Day Camp Director with supervision of Tikvah (inclusion) staff
- Plan and execute Staff Week schedule and training
- Assist in coordination of ongoing staff development throughout the summer
- Create camper recruitment calendar and represent Ramah Day Camp LA at local schools, synagogues, and community camp fairs/open houses/partnership programs
- Coordinate all summer and pre/post-summer communications with staff and families, including social media, in partnership with Ramah team
- Assist with transportation logistics
- Support enrollment efforts and camper intake in partnership with Day Camp Director and Ramah team
- Facilitate community and parent outreach, and create brand awareness within the community, in partnership with the Day Camp Director and other Ramah staff
- Create, implement, and staff innovative year-round and summer family programming (e.g. havdalah, Kabbalat Shabbat, family camp, etc) in collaboration with local partners.
- Administrative tasks as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4 years of experience working with and planning programming for youth in a camp, school, or after school setting
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, especially with young adults and children
- Ability to be a self-starter with strong work ethic and excellent organizational, time management and multitasking skills
- Comfort in working on multiple technology platforms, including social media platforms, as well as ability to quickly learn new technology applications
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, history, and values as well as basic Hebrew
- History of participation in the Ramah camping movement is a plus
Candidates should possess the ability to:
- Work creatively and strategically in a high-energy setting with non-traditional hours
- Engage, motivate, and lead others; manage challenges calmly and in partnership with others
- Be fingerprinted and undergo background check
- Be certified (or willing to become certified) in CPR Pro and Advanced First Aid
Salary and Benefits:
- $55,000-$65,000; commensurate with experience
- Competitive and comprehensive compensation package, including: 403b, group health coverage, life insurance and LTD, and sick and vacation time.
- Collaborative and fun work environment
- The knowledge that you are helping change the world!
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jesse Zilberstein, Ramah Day Camp LA Director, at [email protected]. Tell us why you’re interested in working with Ramah Day Camp LA, a little about yourself, and the skills you’ll bring to camp. (Video cover letters are also welcome, if that’s more your speed.) Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis; we anticipate a start date no later than January 2024.
Ramah is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
Camp Ramah in California is headquartered in Encino, CA where we have our administrative office, on over 400 acres in Ojai, CA, where our residential summer camp has operated for nearly seventy years, and in Los Angeles, CA where our day camp operates. Please note that being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
Camp Ramah is an American Camp Association accredited, coeducational, residential summer camp affiliated with the Conservative Movement and National Ramah Commission and operates under the educational auspices of the Ziegler School of Rabbinic Studies at American Jewish University.
To apply for this job email your details to Jesse@ramah.org