Park Avenue Synagogue
Park Avenue Synagogue
New York, New York
Park Avenue Synagogue (PAS), a more than 1,700 family egalitarian Conservative congregation on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, currently seeks a full-time Youth Coordinator dedicated to serving our youth and teens with impactful, informal Jewish educational experiences. We are looking for a personable, organized, dynamic individual with a passion for Jewish youth programming and engagement.
The Youth Coordinator will assist with building a youth program beginning in the lower grades to create a bridge from the Congregational School to the High School program, especially for eighth graders. Furthermore, these youth activities will help the synagogue build community between our learners in the Congregational School and our active Day School community.
With the growth in our Congregational School, we now have over 200 teens in our congregation between eighth and twelfth grades and are fully committed to engaging them and their families beyond Bnei Mitzvah through our multifaceted PAS High School program that provides the framework for this successful experience. The Youth Coordinator will report to the Director of Youth Programming and Engagement and work closely with the Director of Congregational Education, the clergy, Congregational School, and the broader education team.
• Collaborate with the Director of Youth Programming and Engagement, Director of Congregational Education, clergy, and lay leaders to set educational, programmatic and engagement goals for the PAS High School and Youth Program
• Plan, publicize and implement youth programs for 3rd-8th graders
• Engage with youth and parents in order to build relationships and recruit for programming.
• Assist with the Youth and Teen Chair Meetings as well as the Teen Leadership Council
• Teach a weekly Congregational School class
• Serve as a specialist for PAS’ Camp Keshet during the summer
• Staff and lead as necessary family programs, including Shabbat dinners and High Holy Day services
• Assist staffing the Teen Food Pantry on Wednesdays and Fridays
• Be present at Congregational School Bnei Mitzvah events to help create a continuous movement from Pre to Post Bnei Mitzvah
• Support the inclusion efforts in youth and teen programming at PAS
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
• Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with youth and teens, and to communicate effectively with parents, colleagues and other stakeholders
• Excellent project management, program planning, organizational and administrative skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Team player: ability to work collaboratively with clergy and other educational staff team members to achieve goals
• Flexible schedule including some nights, Shabbats, holidays and Sundays
• Experience leading informal and formal innovative Jewish holiday, Israel, Shabbat and other Jewish educational programs and classes for youth, teens and families
• Professional experience in Jewish education, camping, Hillel campus or synagogue setting
• Ability to lead dynamic and meaningful worship services for youth and high school students in collaboration with clergy and educational team a plus
• Inclusion & Special Needs background a plus
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com