Park Avenue Synagogue
DESCRIPTION OF PARK AVENUE SYNAGOGUE:
Park Avenue Synagogue (PAS) is one of the largest Conservative congregations in North America. Located on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, the synagogue includes a staff of more than 160 talented individuals, who together with our world-class clergy team, serve a membership of nearly 1,800 households. Our thriving Adult Programming, Penn Family Early Childhood Center, Congregational School, Youth, and Young Family Education departments provide high-quality and inclusive Jewish educational, social, and worship opportunities to our members and the community at large.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Park Avenue Synagogue offers an array of programming for the community, including guest lectures, concerts, arts, and cultural programs, master classes, holiday celebrations, and community events PAS has experienced tremendous growth in participation across all programs and classes. This position will report to the Director of Synagogue Programming and Adult Education and work closely with the Director of Content and Innovation and the clergy. The Program and Event Coordinator will work directly on the implementation of our robust slate of programs and engagement opportunities for the PAS community.
- Manage projects and execute synagogue-wide events and public programs including guest lectures, concerts and cultural programs, Shabbat dinners, holiday programs, and annual community events.
- Oversee logistical details of events and work closely with production, AV, and Facilities teams on events with both online and virtual components.
- Be present at programs and assist with registration, program implementation and post-program reporting and recorded media.
- Work within budget guidelines when planning programs, and ensure that expenses and payments are tracked and logged.
- Serve as the liaison to other departments such as Music, Youth, and others and collaborate on inter-departmental programming for holidays.
- Serve as primary staff liaison to programmatic committees of the synagogue, including the Men’s Club, Arts Engagement, and others, and work closely with lay leaders to implement social and educational events.
- Serve as lead staff member in planning and implementing our annual Mitzvah Day in collaboration with the Mitzvah Day Committee and work closely with Tikkun Olam committee on volunteer opportunities and other programming.
- Work closely with the Communications department on departmental event descriptions and promotion through various channels, and communications for committees.
- Manage and update website pages related to relevant synagogue programs
- 5 years’ experience with a strong track record of excellent project management, program planning, execution and administration skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, with an understanding of the “life cycle” of an event and an appreciation for logistical items.
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects and events and keeping track of various priorities and deadline
- A customer-service orientation to one’s work, and an interest and ability to interface regularly with PAS congregants, guest speakers, and stakeholders in a warm and respectful manner
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills: ability to work collaboratively with clergy, other educational staff team members and lay leaders to achieve programmatic goals
- Ability to operate within a departmental budget
- Flexibility to work some nights, Shabbats, holidays and Sundays as dictated by the program calendar
- Understanding of web-based tools to update and manage sections of the PAS website, build email newsletters, and create registration forms for events.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluency with Zoom and strong capability for managing meetings and webinars
- Experience planning Jewish communal programming and general knowledge of current Jewish adult education and programming trends preferred
- Professional experience in Jewish education, camping, Hillel campus or synagogue setting a plus
SALARY: Starting salary$60,000 commensurate with experience
Comprehensive benefit package
Qualified candidates should submit a brief cover letter and a resume to Zawnia Dehaney, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently cited statistics shows that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the criteria. Park Avenue Synagogue encourages you to break the statistics and apply
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com