Interested in applying? Scroll down to “How to Apply” to see our application instructions!
Who We Are:
When you work for Moishe House (pronounced moy-shuh), you become a part of something BIG: a global nonprofit with 14 years under our belt, building communities around the world! Founded in 2006, Moishe House empowers young adults to create their own dream Jewish communities. A Moishe House is led by a group of volunteer community builders who open their doors to twenty-somethings to create spaces of connection, new friends, and engaging events all at no cost to the participant. To date, there are more than 140 communities in over 30 countries, and we’re still growing!
Moishe House is seeking a detail-oriented team player to join our team as a Senior Administrative Assistant, providing day-to-day support to our Director of Jewish Learning and the Jewish Education department, and executing event and logistics coordination for Learning Retreats in North America.
All voices are needed at Moishe House. Every new member of the Moishe House team is an opportunity for us to introduce fresh perspectives, talent, and skills into our workforce and our communities. People who identify as Black, Indigenous and People Of Color (BIPOC) and historically marginalized groups, including, People with Disabilities, People from the LGBTQ+ communities are all encouraged to apply for our open positions!
We seek employees from diverse backgrounds and life experiences to join our team located in the United States, South America, Europe, and the former Soviet Union. Our vision, in part, is for a fair and equitable workplace, where diversity is celebrated and can truly flourish. We recognize we have a ways to go and a lot to learn.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do:
- You believe in our mission and bring creativity, innovation, and hard work to our team
- You are looking for a company culture that is collaborative, drives change, and values people
- You are equally enthusiastic about data processing and event planning
- You look forward to providing comprehensive administrative and liaison support, including:
- Tracking and managing data systems (Salesforce, Stripe, Typeform, Zapier, and more) and Judaica inventory for retreats and Moishe Houses/Pods
- Organizing, executing, and assisting with departmental educational offerings and team functions, such as staff learning offerings, Education Department meeting agendas and annual summits, off-site gatherings, and team social events
- Liaising with external constituents, including retreat participants, retreat, travel, and Judaica vendors, and independent contractors
- Coordinating logistics related to Immersive Jewish Learning Retreats, including initial and follow up email communication with participants, processing reimbursements, assisting with recruitment where necessary, and staffing 4 retreats per year in a support capacity
- Managing complex calendaring for the Director of Jewish Learning and the Jewish Education department, facilitating arrangements for domestic and international travel, and processing reimbursements
- You are truly a team player and are glad to assist in areas and projects as needed
You are highly organized and have advanced skills in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office, Google
- You demonstrate proven ability to multitask and monitor several projects at all times, to work well under pressure, and to manage time effectively
- You have the ability to collaborate and to work independently and self-sufficiently with a team spread out across multiple geographic areas
- You are a highly skilled communicator (written and verbal), and a natural project manager and organizer, preparing agendas, ensuring metrics are recorded accurately and on time, and preparing documents and presentations
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 additional years of full-time relevant experience as a substitute for the degree
- You have a minimum of 3 years full-time professional experience in an administrative or similar role
- You embrace the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
- You have eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship
- The Fine Print: This position is based in our East Coast Hub Office (Charlotte, NC) or our West Coast Hub Office (Encinitas, CA). Our team is currently working at remote locations until the offices reopen, with 8-weeks’ notice provided.
How Moishe House Takes Care of You:
- Health, vision, dental, and mental health benefits ($0 employee contribution option available)
- Flexible Spending Account options
- 15 days paid time off (PTO) that increases with continued employment; additional benefits for former Hillel and BBYO employees
- Office closures and floating holidays for Jewish and US holidays
- Eligibility to make 401k contributions upon hire; company match of up to 3% with vesting after one year of employment
- Quarterly paid day of service to give back to your community
- Highly collaborative, skilled, creative, and go-getter teammates and a dedicated supervisor
- Company discounts on flights, hotels, sporting events, concerts amusement parks, gyms, and more through Plum Benefits
- Schedule options to accommodate your work and lifestyle
How Moishe House Pays You:
- This is an hourly position, with starting annual pay range of $40,000 – $42,000 (Charlotte) or $42,000 – $44,000 (Encinitas), depending on location and assuming you meet the minimum requirements. If you bring more experience and have different salary expectations, please let us know in your application.
- Annual merit based salary increase
How Moishe House Invests in You:
- $500 annual professional development fund
- One-on-one Jewish learning with an educator of your choice
- Local professional learning opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement through Moishe House’s career path planning
- Opportunities to attend Moishe House Learning Retreats and Conferences
Possible Steps in Our Hiring Process:
- Step 1: Send us your resume, and cover letter, and you’ll hear back from us!
- Step 2: Video interview using an online web-based platform
- Step 3: Skills Assessment, and interview(s) with the hiring manager(s)
- Step 4: We’ll check your references to hear about your past experience
- Step 5: Get an offer letter, sign it, start your Moishe House journey!
How to Apply:
Please email the following items to email@example.com with “Senior Administrative Assistant” with your first and last name and preferred location IN THE SUBJECT LINE:
- Cover letter – Tell us your story and why Moishe House!
- Resume – Start Date/End Date (in Month/Year format) for each position you’ve held
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer-related or HIV/AIDS-related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job please visit www.moishehouse.org.