Website Luria Academy of Brooklyn
Come join our team! Luria Academy of Brooklyn is seeking a full-time assistant teacher (tone keeper) for our middle school (Grades 6-8).
Luria is a preschool-Grade 8 school serving 300 students in a progressive, Montessori-inspired Jewish day school environment. At Luria, we are cultivating a new generation of leaders, creators, thinkers and engaged citizens. Through our individualized approach to learning and commitment to diversity as a core value, our students graduate with a deep love of learning, strong sense of self, and a passion to repair a fractured world. Luria’s students come from a wide range of religious and economic backgrounds.
Responsibilities for the Tone Keeper position include:
- Support lead teachers to deliver lessons and guide students
- Present subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of Lead Teacher
- Work 1:1 or in small groups with students
- Supervise students during arrival, recess, lunch, and dismissal
- Collaborate with teaching team to manage classroom routines and behaviors
- Experience working with children in Middle School
- Open to a diverse teaching environment
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively
- Experience in Hebrew and Judaic Studies a plus
Please send a resume and cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to Dr. Jennifer Davids, Upper School Director of Teaching and Learning: email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org