Website Jewish Federation of Cleveland
As the International Programs Manager, you will play an important part in the Jewish Federation of Cleveland’s (JFC) efforts to make a sustainable difference in the lives of Jews living in Israel, Russia, and around the world through program development and implementation, as well as through collaborative efforts with international partner agencies. At the same time, you will help to forge an enduring connection between Jews in Cleveland and Jews in Israel and overseas through relationship building and leadership development.
This position is full-time and reports to the Assistant Vice President of External Affairs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Program Development & Ongoing Management:
- Read and analyze programmatic and budget reports from JFC programs in Israel.
- Participate in providing strategic vision for all Israel and overseas programs that are directly managed and financed by JFC. Examples of current programs include (but not limited to):
- Beit Shean work: Partnership Together and Bridge to the Future, including oversight for ICNext
- Israel Defense Forces Education Corps/Havat HaShomer (IDF)
- Jordan Cross-Border Initiative
Lay Leader Cultivation and Community Engagement:
- Develop programs that connect people in Cleveland with Beit Shean, our partnership community, and other communities in Israel, if relevant.
- Widen community reach by working with community institutions to deepen our partnership on Israel programs.
- Write program reports to help community members connect to and support the work of the Overseas department.
- Develop multi-day educational missions in Cleveland for Israelis connected to JFC’s work to learn about our community, and specific topic areas like leadership, community development, and diverse Jewish life.
- Manage at least one subcommittee of the department.
- Plan Israel-related events and programs in the community.
- Identify and cultivate lay leaders for leadership roles in the overseas arena.
- Provide staff support to the OCC and subcommittees.
- Nurture collaboration among Federation staff members around overseas work.
- Work in collaboration with Federation’s Marketing team to create meaningful content for overseas programs.
- Solicit prospects for the Campaign for Jewish Needs and oversee portfolio of volunteer campaigners.
- Travel to JFC’s overseas programs to assist in the on-going management and oversight of personnel and programs, as needed.
- Seek opportunities to showcase and leverage our international work within the larger Jewish community.
- Demonstrated project management experience including creation of detailed project plans including goals, objectives, milestones and measures, budget preparation and management, project communication to stakeholders, implementation process and evaluation/enhancement of project.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Proactive and solution-focused
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and project management skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated experience supervising others
- Experience with budget management
- Event planning skills
- Working knowledge of and/or experience in the Jewish community, and Jewish culture and tradition
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team-based structure in an individual contributor role
- Strong research, problem-solving, and computer skills
- Ability to travel overseas, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Master’s degree in a related field preferred
- Non-profit fundraising experience a plus
- Knowledge of Hebrew language and significant experience living and/or working in Israel preferred
ABOUT THE FEDERATION
The Jewish Federation of Cleveland is the only organization in Cleveland that focuses on the health and vitality of the entire Jewish community. For more than 115 years, the Federation has created the critical scale necessary to drive meaningful social change and provide relief in times of crisis in ways no one person or organization could do alone. As Jewish Cleveland’s hub for innovative solutions and collaborative services, the Federation is able to change and improve lives in Cleveland, Israel, and around the world.
If you are qualified and interested in this exceptional opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com