Connecting, Supporting, and Celebrating Southern Jewish Life
The Goldring/Woldenberg Institute of Southern Jewish Life (ISJL) works in partnership to support, sustain, and celebrate Jewish life in the South. We partner with congregations of all denominations across a thirteen state southern region.
The ISJL is currently seeking a dynamic educator to serve as Assistant Education Director in one of the most unique and important positions available in today’s Jewish education field. This position incorporates teaching, curriculum development, community building, supervision, mentoring, and more—all in a supportive, creative, non-traditional setting.
In conjunction with the Director of Education Services, a qualified Jewish educator will join an existing staff to:
- Create vibrant Jewish learning environments for students of all ages.
- Supervise itinerant Education Fellows based in Jackson—recent college graduates who commit to 2 years serving the south as Jewish educators (10 to 12 Fellows on staff each year).
- Develop training sessions and coordinate professional development opportunities for Fellows, as well as for educators in partner communities.
- Update and implement a comprehensive, multi-grade curriculum.
- Recruit new partners through phone calls and in-person visits.
- Conduct an annual teacher training conference for 150+ participants.
- Communicate effectively with a staff of 20+ and thousands of community members.
- Consult with communities about adjustments to their implementation of the program.
- Travel periodically to different communities to lead Shabbat worship, learning sessions, and various programs with communities throughout the region.
- Participate in many other organization projects already in place or contemplated.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Masters in Jewish Education or Doctorate in Education with a background in Jewish Education preferred. The position is available immediately and is based in Jackson, Mississippi.
To apply: submit a cover letter, resume, and sample lesson plan to Rabbi Matt Dreffin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com