Website Ramah in the Rockies
Position Purpose: Ramah in the Rockies (RR) is looking to hire a full-time Finance Director (FD) to oversee the business management and fiscal operations for Ramah in the Rockies. . The FD will work closely with the camp leadership team to chart a sound financial path for the organization. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal, organizational, and business skills as well as financial management experience.
The FD reports to the Executive Director (ED). The FD works closely with the other members of the leadership team, including the Operations & Retreats Director (OD), and Camp Life Director (CLD). The FD is also the lead professional on the finance committee of the board of directors. Working with the other members of the leadership team, the FD will chart the business management for the year-round organization. The FD directly supervises the registrar, bookkeeper, and works directly with the organization’s accountants and legal counsel as needed.
- Business Management: Oversee all organizational business functions including budget creation and implementation; internal and external financial controls, policies, reporting, and bookkeeping; banking, credit card management, and endowment investments.
- Finance, Legal, Compliance, and Tax: Coordinate our annual financial compilation report, IRS-990 tax filing, property lease management, all legal forms, licensing, zoning/permitting, and coordinate with the OD on compliance with at least (8) regulatory agencies.
- Human Resource Management: Serve as our HR Manager for the organization by directing payroll, benefit coordination, workers compensation claims, and other related HR tasks.
- Database Management: Supervise the implementation of participant registration (i.e. camper and retreat database management), billing and payment plans, financial aid, and participant forms review.
- Board Liaison: Support the Board of Directors in the corporate governance efforts of the organization by maintaining board documents, staff reports, schedules, rosters, and board manuals.
- Office and Fundraising: Oversee and implement the processing of mail, data entry for checks for both participant tuition and fundraising, and interfacing with bookkeeper to pay bills, deposit checks, and maintain fundraising records.
- Insurance: Manage organizational insurance policies including property, general liability, and vehicle.
- General: Assist with administrative tasks for organization as needed
- At least 3 years of post college work experience.
- Strong financial literacy including non-profit budgeting, accounting, and financial management skills
- A love of charts, numbers and metrics and an ability to express ideas using spread-sheets
- Experience managing people and processes
- Graduate degree such as a MBA, MPA, or other relevant field preferred
- Highly proficient with standard Office (especially Excel) and financial record keeping software (Quickbooks)
- Familiarity with Jewish organizations and ability to read Hebrew letters preferred
- Commitment to customer service and hospitality
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and strong work ethic
- Ability to work as both part of a team and independently, and manage projects and team members while managing multiple projects at a time
- Willingness to take on any necessary roles and responsibilities to accomplish a task
- The ideal candidate is a Colorado resident, but is not required by the organization (telecommuting is possible)
- Must have the ability to spend ~3-4 weeks each summer in residence on our ranch
- Available to start full-time by July 1, 2021
- Ability to travel occasionally and work some Shabbatot and evening events throughout the year, mainly in Colorado
- Must be 21+, safe driving record, and ability to pass clean criminal background check
Compensation and Benefits:
- Flexible work hours during the year and work-from-home option
- Salary: Ramah in the Rockies has a sliding scale for Director salaries of $60,000 to $80,000 based on credentials, experience and service within the organization
- Benefits: R amah in the Rockies has a carefully detailed benefits structure including health insurance premium reimbursement, retirement match plan, parental leave, technology allowance, and education stipend. More specific details can be provided here.
- Participation in professional development and National Ramah Commission Business Cohort
- Paid time off (vacation, sick days and Jewish holiday)
To Apply: Please send resume, professional writing sample (Blog post, article, or similar), and cover letter to Rabbi Eliav Bock: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please explain why you are interested in the position, and why you would be the best candidate for the position.
About Ramah in the Rockies
The Mission of Ramah in the Rockies is to nurture the character development of Jewish youth by providing them the opportunity to challenge themselves physically, intellectually, and spiritually. Ramah in the Rockies is a rustic outdoor adventure organization located 90 minutes from Denver near Deckers, Colorado on a 360 acre ranch. More information about our organization can be found at www.ramahoutdoors.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com