Website Camp Ramah in the Berkshires
Camp Ramah in the Berkshires is an established, growing and widely-respected non-profit organization based in Bergen County, NJ that operates a residential summer camp in Wingdale, NY.
This position is responsible for the organization’s financial and accounting activities focused on payroll, payables, and non-tuition receivables. This is a full time position, reporting to the Director working closely with the Director of Operations, and the camp’s Finance Committee.
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 4-7 years’ experience with a bachelor’s degree in accounting; non-profit accounting; and/or fund-accounting experience. A working knowledge of Quickbooks accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite is desired but not mandatory.
General Accounting and Financial Reporting Responsibilities:
- Lead and oversee accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems to ensure alignment with GAAP standards and internal guidelines.
- Review journal entries, ensuring their accuracy and completeness in the general ledger.
- Establish and uphold internal controls for revenue, costs, program budgets, and expenditures.
- Deliver punctual and precise financial analyses and reports.
- Enhance and monitor internal accounting controls for continuous improvement.
- Manage monthly bank account reconciliation and financial closing processes.
- Supervise reconciliation of corporate credit card transactions.
- Manage accounting and reporting for donor designation and foundations.
- Collaborate with department managers to create the annual operating budget.
- Overseeing and executing investment activities in conjunction with the finance committee
- Reconciling financial performance to budget
- Manage Bookkeeper
Cash Management Responsibilities:
- Manage all incoming cash receipts and deposits
- Provide monthly liquidity/cash reports
- Perform/review reconciliations of cash accounts on a monthly basis
- Oversee bank reconciliations
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable (other than camper tuition)
- Oversee / reconcile development receivables – pledges and cash gifts
- Review incoming invoices for accuracy, proper documentation, and adherence to policies before processing for payment.
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels with vendors, addressing any discrepancies, inquiries, or concerns related to invoices.
- Obtain necessary approvals for payment processing, verifying the validity of expenses and adherence to budgetary guidelines
- Oversee the generation and execution of payments, including checks, electronic transfers, and ACH transactions
- Oversee preparation of schedules and work papers for annual audit
- Prepare Form 990
Benefits and Payroll Responsibilities:
- Oversee day-to-day payroll and benefits disbursement operations
- Maintain 403(b) funding calculations for mandatory contributions and camp match, and ensure timely, accurate retirement contributions
- Supervise benefit plans
- Supervise administrative onboarding and offboarding of employees
Salary and Benefits
- Base Salary range of $80,000-$90,000
- 403b with Employer Contribution
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Customary additional benefits
- This role is located year round in Teaneck, NJ and is a hybrid work model
- Go home every day feeling like you made the camp and the world a better place
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org