Website Camp Ramah in Wisconsin
Location: Chicago, Illinois (September – May); Conover, Wisconsin (June – August)
Reports to: Executive Director
Director of Camp Wellness & Inclusion Role Overview:
Camp Ramah in Wisconsin’s Director of Camp Wellness and Inclusion is a senior level, full-time, year-round position overseeing the strategic design and implementation of our camper care, staff wellness and inclusion services and initiatives. This professional will oversee our inclusion and special needs programs, camper intake processes, team of camper care professionals, and related areas.
This role is suited for someone interested in building on existing high-level professional experience in the areas of community building, mental health and disabilities. The right candidate will demonstrate a commitment to building the type of year-round and lifelong interpersonal relationships and holistic Jewish community that are fundamental to Camp Ramah in Wisconsin’s work.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversight of Camper Care including outreach to new and existing families; review of forms; hiring and supervision of Camper Care professionals; development of staff training curriculum and materials.
- Oversight of Inclusion and Special Needs Programs including: publicity and recruitment; intake and registration; program development; staff hiring and oversight.
- Oversee MESSH (mental, emotional, social and spiritual health) and other related wellness efforts for entire camp population.
- Play a role in and assume leadership roles in some areas of camper recruitment and retention; staff recruitment and hiring; planning of summer program.
What You’ll Need:
- Academic degree in special education, social work, psychology, or related field (Masters preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in mental health, inclusion/special needs, Jewish education, and/or summer camp leadership
- Ability to build trusting and lasting relationships with campers, camper parents, staff, professional leadership, and other partners
- Years-long connection to an overnight Jewish camp as a camper and staff member
Ideal candidates will possess some combination of the following skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and executive functioning skills
- Passion for strengthening Jewish identity
- High energy level and be extremely goal-oriented
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and with a team
- Approach opportunities and challenges with confidence, determination, and resilience
- Must be able to work in a demanding environment and able to quickly adjust to changing conditions
- Regular year-round travel as well as work on nights and weekends
- Summer residency of approximately 11 weeks at Ramah’s campus in Conover, WI
- Regularly scheduled time in off-season office in downtown Chicago
- Ability to build trusting and lasting relationships with campers, camper parents, staff, professional leaders and other partners
- Living a lifestyle consistent with that of an educational leader of the Conservative Movement
About Camp Ramah in Wisconsin:
Camp Ramah Wisconsin provides 575+ children and 300+ adults with transformative experiences of vibrant Jewish life seamlessly blended with the joy of summer camp. We serve Jewish campers throughout the Midwest and beyond with diverse backgrounds and needs who come together to make friends, have fun, develop skills, and enhance their Judaism.
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs@ramahwisconsin.com