Website Beth El Synagogue Center
Beth El Synagogue Center is a vibrant, egalitarian community located in Westchester County, just thirty minutes from Manhattan. We thrive on activity. Our energetic members and guests of every age come to Beth El for spirituality, learning, socialization and recreation. Our Youth and Family Department, provides a diverse range of educational opportunities and social programs for kids K-12 and their families in a nourishing, engaging, and positive environment for our learners.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented person to join our team. We are seeking someone to provide administrative support for our Youth and Family Engagement Department and to work on special projects in the synagogue.
OUR TEAM VALUES AND YOU
Our team fosters a culture of experimentation and reflection, celebrating creativity and embracing new ideas. We share one another’s successes and support one another through disappointments. We take initiative and pitch in to help each other. We are looking for someone who embraces these values and is eager to grow with us as we work to serve our community.
Our ideal candidate possesses strong organizational, time management, and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with keen attention to details while in a fast-paced work environment. They enjoy working with others and engaging with children, are energetic, flexible, and can laugh when things get stressful.They are comfortable with technology and are familiar with Google Suite.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE YOUTH AND FAMILY DEPARTMENT
Working under the direction of the Director of the Department, you would:
- Provide support to Department Director and our part-time Religious School teachers;
- Be present on-site during Religious School (Thursdays 4-6 and Sundays 9-12) to support school operations and foster relationships with children and families;
- Communicate with parents in person and over telephone and email;
- Interface with students in grades K-12;
- Maintain and organize records for school and event registration and class rosters;
- Assist teachers with preparing materials for classes;
- Help supervise arrival and dismissal for each Religious School day;
- Attend occasional family community programming outside of working hours;
- Support Youth and Family Engagement programming, special events, and holidays including ordering supplies, ensuring proper set-up, and assisting with marketing efforts.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR SYNAGOGUE-WIDE PROJECTS
Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, you would provide administrative support for general synagogue programming, including:
- Work collaboratively on event and program logistics (including major programs like our annual gala and high holidays);
- Manage a system for processing and acknowledging donations;
- Manage our printed Bulletin, including collecting articles and liaising with Marketing Manager and vendor for collating and printing;
- Prepare materials for meetings;
- Serve as back-up to the Administrative Assistants to the COO and Clergy team;
- Conduct research and assist with other special projects as needed.
Salary range: $50,000-$60,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, generous paid time off and retirement/403(b).
NOTES: We are open to dividing this position into 2 part-time positions (one focused on Youth & Family, and one focused on general synagogue work). We are also open to assisting with transportation to/from NYC if necessary.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com