Website Ramah Sports Academy
Ramah Sports Academy (RSA), a sports specialty overnight camp, seeks an experienced summer camp professional with a passion for sports and Jewish life to serve as Associate Camp Director. RSA, which held its inaugural summer season in 2018, is the 10th overnight camp in the Ramah Camping Movement, the camping arm of Conservative Judaism.
The Associate Camp Director serves on the RSA leadership team alongside the Camp Director and Business Manager. This full-time, year-round position will include all aspects of summer camp planning, training, operations, management, and supervision. Candidates must possess creativity and organizational skills, be an energetic leader, and be able to manage camp systems and personnel.
The Associate Camp Director will play a key role in recruiting campers and staff, hiring and training of staff, developing and refining the camp program, and helping develop the culture and traditions of RSA in its unique approach to Jewish summer camping and sports. As such, candidates should be looking for new professional challenges and at the same time be willing to take on all levels of tasks and responsibility in order to help shape the future of this growing organization.
The position requires summer residency (approximately 8 weeks) at RSA’s summer campus. The position will be based in New York City when camp is not in session. During the off-season, the Associate Camp Director will be expected to work some evenings and weekends, traveling regularly to represent RSA on recruiting trips for campers and staff, and at regional and national Ramah leadership institutes and conferences.
- Undergraduate degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of professional experience in camp leadership/management as well as informal Jewish education and/or youth work.
- Strong knowledge of Jewish history, traditions, and customs.
- Strong knowledge of and passion for sports and athletic education.
- Highly proficient with standard office software and various online media platforms.
- Excellent writing, public speaking, and sales skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely to both children and adults.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and to manage multiple projects and team members.
Salary Range: $80,000-$110,000 plus benefits
Candidates with more extensive experience should contact us if interested.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org