This position has primary responsibility for creation, development, capture, coordination, execution and dissemination of unique and innovative regional programming initiatives.
In consultation with PSWR regional rabbinic and lay leadership, the PSWR Regional Programming Director will assess, conceive, develop, capture, support, and disseminate existing and innovative regional programming which may include Baby Boomer initiatives, Israel programming and advocacy. (e.g., oversight of the Regional and kehilla Israel commissions).
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Capture, coordinator, support, and disseminate unique existing regional programming.
· Conceive, develop, capture, and disseminate unique new and innovative programming in the region.
· Assure replicability of programs and resources to further KST department goals throughout USCJ.
· Write and contribute to blogs sharing the innovative programs being developed, piloted and scaled, in order to contribute to USCJ being thought leader in the community.
· Serve as a consultant, in coordination with Director of Innovation and KST Leadership specialist, to provide support to PSWR kehillot engaged in Sulam Leadership programs.
· Develop and support regional Israel programming and advocacy (e.g., oversight of the Regional and kehilla Israel commissions).
· Regularly interface and coordinate with the USCJ Kehilla Relationship Manager (KRM) relating to the operations and programming needs of Regional kehillot and to assure unique functions of each position.
· Assess and provide guidance to regional lay leadership to regional programming.
· Create regional programming calendar.
· Any other duties that may be required from time to time to fulfill the mission of the position.
· Travel as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Commitment to excellent customer service
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent active listening skills
· Basic computer skills
· Personable – people person
· Capacity to analyze and connect needs with resources
· Ability to work independently and as a team player
· Problem solver
· Knowledgeable about leadership, management and governance of kehillot
· Knowledge of synagogue life and/or Jewish communal organizations
· Knowledge of lay leadership development and enhancement
· Knowledge of, commitment to, and observance of the tenets of Conservative Judaism
· Commitment to personal growth and ongoing training
· Workable knowledge of Israel, including history, current events and status
· Budgetary oversight and management experience
Education and Work Experience:
· College degree or equivalent experience
· Education and/or experience in Conservative Judaism
· Demonstrated knowledge of kehilla leadership, management, governance, and programming
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org