The contractor will be the contractor for USCJ who is directly responsible for all aspects of the annual USY Scholarship Event. This includes the logistics of the event, and management of the committee(s) in conjunction with the Director of Alumni Affairs.
· The contractor will report to the Director of Alumni Affairs
· The dates of the contract run for 6 months from the date of hire
· The salary to be paid over the term will be $2,500 overall upon invoice submitted to the Director of Alumni Affairs
· Develop timeline in conjunction with the Director of Alumni Affairs for planning and implementation of the event.
· Manage two committees: A Planning Committee (2-5 participants) and a Table Captain and Recruitment Committee (15-25 participants)
· Organize meetings for each committee, with a minimum of 5 meetings for the planning committee and 2 meetings for the Table Captains
· Stay in regular communication (bi-monthly) with the committee with updates on the event. During the two months prior to the event, the updates should be weekly.
· Coordinate with the host region and USCJ marketing efforts to disseminate information about the event
Other logistics and financial responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Secure venue and caterer for event
· Create event budget
· Secure other vendors as appropriate based on Planning Committee recommendations (photographer, DJ, etc)
· Recruit staff necessary to run event
· Create sponsorship opportunities
· Set-up Wizad Journal (if necessary)
· Work with USCJ Database Manager to track contributions and registration
The contractor shall provide his/her supervisor, the Director of Alumni Affairs, with weekly fundraising and event updates and shall meet (virtually or in person) with the Director of Alumni Affairs on a bi-weekly basis.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org