Website UConn Hillel
Make your mark on Jewish student life by joining UConn Hillel as the first full-time Jewish Student Life Coordinator. As a community builder, you’ll engage Jewish students with Jewish life on campus by creating a welcoming and pluralistic community where all who wish to participate will easily find relevant, compelling ways of doing so, thus making Judaism and the Jewish community relevant on an ongoing basis. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about fostering a meaningful, creative, and engaging Jewish community, is a natural connector and a creative problem solver. An ideal candidate will be dynamic, energetic, thoughtful, and detail-oriented with a strong commitment to Jewish life. The Jewish Student Life Coordinator will join an outstanding staff committed to offering cutting-edge programming, and assisting students in creating a wonderful home away from home for all Jewish students at UConn.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with students and colleagues to strengthen and expand Shabbat and Holiday programming, creating meaningful and creative ways to help students explore their Jewish identity.
- Meet students for coffee to build relationships, learn where they are on their Jewish journey, and see how you can help them grow as Jewish individuals by connecting them to opportunities with Hillel as well as outside organizations.
- Plan and facilitate monthly student leadership meetings.
- Collaborate with students and colleagues to bring new experiential Jewish education programming to campus.
- Strategize with students to create new ways to bring Jewish life to the Greek Community on campus.
- Participate in Shabbat and Holiday programming, including High Holidays, Sukkot and Passover.
- Oversee program marketing, logistics and budget; maintain participant tracking database.
- Actively infuse Jewish life and learning into programs and engagement opportunities.
- Staff one Birthright Israel trip annually.
What You’ll Bring to the Job:
- 1 – 3 years of professional work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A passion for Jewish education and previous experience facilitating Jewish conversations and Jewish experiential education programs is required.
- A commitment to pluralism, and a comfort with your own Jewish identity journey that allows you to model the same for emerging adults.
- Your skills as a relationship builder, capable of establishing rapport and developing meaningful connections with a wide variety of students.
- Ability to self-start – you’re creative, highly motivated, and able to think and act strategically to achieve goals. You are able to collaborate with team members, and willing to receive feedback from other staff and offer input to their projects as well.
- You can develop structures and opportunities that assist and empower young leaders to take initiative.
What You’ll Receive:
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $40,000-$50,000.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- Travel regionally and abroad, particularly to Israel
About UConn Hillel:
Serving over 2,000 Jewish undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Connecticut, Hillel is the Center for Jewish Life on campus. We are committed to a pluralistic vision of Judaism, providing unique and meaningful opportunities to students and the greater community from all streams of Judaism. Through religious, cultural, educational, and social programming, we aim to enrich the lives of students by nourishing Jewish identity and fostering deep connections with Israel and Jewry worldwide. Any student may participate in Hillel – no membership is required.
Collaboration between staff and students plays an integral role in ensuring the best Jewish experience possible for our students. Whether learning how to lead services, planning a dinner or educational program for their peers, our students are actively engaged in building a Jewish community and experience that reflects their needs and interests as Jewish young adults.
UConn Hillel is that welcoming place on campus where all Jewish students can feel comfortable while learning and growing in their own way. In fact, we believe that for most Jewish college students at UConn, participation in Hillel events and activities is their only connection to Jewish identity on campus. Each week we welcome hundreds of students into our building for programs, snacks, meeting with staff and socializing with friends. UConn Hillel is truly their home away from home.
About Hillel International:
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
UConn Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
New Applicants: Select “Apply for this Position” to submit your application and create an account.
Previous Applicants: Scroll to the “Previous Applicants” section. Please input your e-mail address and password to login, and select “Add to My Jobs” to login and submit your application.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.Click2apply.net/3bz55fzw4rvtynhd →