Website Shaarei Tikvah
What is the Position?
We are looking for a dynamic, organized, and creative educator to create opportunities for engagement of our teen population. This part-time role works in partnership with the Education Director, Rabbi, and Cantor in designing and delivering the programming.
What are the Responsibilities?
We are looking for a candidate who will:
- Engage our teens in Gesher, our new monthly experiential learning program
- Develop engaging curricula for Gesher programming
- Plan and manage all logistical requirements
- Manage all marketing, publicity, and outreach for programs
- Teach our weekly Zayin elective
- Design engaging electives to meet the interests of our b’nei mitzvah age students
- Manage and facilitate USY programs
- Mentor USY board and leaders in programming
- Engage the broader teen population
- Supervise youth group events on-site and in the community
- Promote attendance at regional and national USY events
- Collaborate with staff on design and implementation of teen-focused holiday celebration
- High Holiday Services (Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur)
- Tu Bishvat
- Yom Hazikaron, Yom Ha’atzmaut
- Lag B’Omer
- 1-2 service days per year
- Lead a monthly “Shevet” (boys) or “Rosh Chodesh: It’s a Girl Thing” (girls) using curriculum provided by Moving Traditions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Jewish Studies or a related field.
- Master’s degree in Jewish education preferred.
- Knowledge, comfort, and experience in Jewish Education including Hebrew expertise, familiarity with Jewish history, holidays and texts.
- Camp experience preferred
- Previous teaching experience (classroom or experiential) preferred.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to foresee/analyze educational/administrative challenges and to develop solutions.
Interested in learning more about the position?
- We are looking for someone to start in August 2019
- Approximately 50 hours per month
- Salary is competitive
Contact Education Director, Rachel Mann (email@example.com)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org