We are looking to hire a second Senior Programmer/Boston Area Community Liaison to join our programming team! Join one of the largest and most dynamic Jewish overnight camps in New England as we work to expand the Ramah experience. Come work in an energetic, creative and fun environment with a dedicated group of camp professionals.
During the year, the Senior Programmer/BACL helps run all camper and family programming at camp as well as special programs throughout our region with a focus on our Boston community. The position reports directly to the Assistant Director.
Requirements: We are looking for a super organized, creative, energetic and entrepreneurial person to join our team and work with our Director and Assistant Director to run our summer program and grow our year-round programming to extend the Ramah experience beyond the summer months. A college degree and two years in a senior summer position is a must. The successful applicant must have a strong Jewish and Hebrew background.
Summer Camp Planning and Responsibilities:
- Supervision of Programming Planned by Specialists – In partnership with the Assistant Director, will work with specialists to develop the specialists’ curricula and will assist with the implementation and supervision of the program.
- Supervision of Special Events throughout the summer including camp-wide programs, leadership training programs, concerts, visiting artists, and educators, etc.
- Logistical Co-ordination – keep master calendars, daily schedule, and facility schedule and communicate with staff all updates and changes.
Year-Round Programming and Responsibilities:
- Key staff person responsible for planning and coordinating year-round programs including Ramah Family Camp, Young Alumni Weekend, Reunion Weekend and reunions around the region, special programs at camp and partner programs with other organizations.
- Building partnerships with local Jewish synagogues, rabbis, and professionals while building parent ambassador teams.
- Partner with the Director of Finance and Operations to ensure that camp is compliant with all relevant state, federal, and ACA regulations.
- Work with the Assistant Director to help run various recruiting/retention sessions and programs for prospective and returning campers from around our catchment area.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
If interested, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Josh Edelglass at email@example.com.