Website Ramah Israel
Ramah Israel and the National Ramah Commission seek a dynamic leader with extensive experience in Jewish education to serve as the Director of Ramah Israel Seminar, Ramah’s teen summer experience in Israel. The Seminar director will work out of Ramah’s Jerusalem office and will report directly to the Executive Director of Ramah Israel. Position will begin June 2018.
The Director will lead a full-time, year-round staff, as well as seasonal employees, serving approximately 250 participants each summer. The Director will be responsible for all aspects of the Ramah Seminar program, including but not limited to marketing and recruitment, hiring, programming, safety and security, financial management, and staff supervision.
- Academic background in education, yediat ha’aretz, social work or related areas. MA level or the equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of Jewish tradition and sources; commitment to the tenets and observant lifestyle of Conservative Judaism, and familiarity with the culture and mission of Camp Ramah
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in Hebrew and English
- Extensive experience in informal education and Israel experiences
- Management experience including hiring and training staff and problem resolution
- Must live in Israel and work full-time year-round at our Jerusalem offices
Candidates should send resume and cover letter to Meir Hoyzman, Executive Director of Ramah Israel, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com