Website Ramah Darom
The Regional Coordinator is the local representative of Camp Ramah Darom in South Florida. This team member is charged with increasing camper enrollment from Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties in accordance with specified annual enrollment targets. The Regional Coordinator will reach these goals by developing relationships with key local contacts, arranging events to promote recruitment and retention, and meeting with individual families considering Jewish summer camp.
The Regional Coordinator reports to the Director and works in close partnership with the Assistant Director, Marketing Director, and Registrar. The Regional Coordinator will work 25 hours per week and visit Ramah Darom each summer for several days (dates to be determined).
The position requires regular but flexible hours working from a home-office with meetings and events throughout the region.
The professional portfolio is composed of 4 primary objectives:
- Identifying and cultivating potential campers
- Raising awareness of Camp Ramah Darom in the region
- Recruiting and Registering new campers
- Maintaining relationships with camper parents for retention and referrals
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Identifying and recruiting new campers from South Florida
- Building partnerships with local Jewish synagogues, school, rabbinic partners, and professional Jewish leadership
- Supervising and supporting 3-5 Parent Ambassadors in the region
- Organizing reunions and other events to promote camper retention and Ramah Israel Seminar participation
- Organizing community events which feature Ramah Darom style programs and experiences as an introduction to new families and touch point for current families and campers, staff and alumni (such as Shabbat and Havdalah events, social gatherings for parents while kids are away at camp, social action programs, and alumni gatherings)
- Summer recruiting at local day camps