We are seeking dynamic and creative group leaders to facilitate Moving Traditions’ programs, Rosh Hodesh and Shevet. These field-tested and innovative programs draw on Jewish wisdom and values to foster the self-confidence and identity of Jewish adolescents. Our groups offer a supportive, safe, and sacred space for teens to openly explore important questions about society and identity, and feel empowered to challenge traditional gender roles. Group Leaders serve as mentors to and role models for their teen participants. Moving Traditions provides in-person experiential training retreats for Group Leaders and supplies curriculum, resources, and ongoing support. This is a unique, paid position for enthusiastic and passionate adults of all ages and backgrounds who would love to spend two hours, once a month, working with a small group of Jewish teens.
The Ideal Group Leader
You are someone who:
- “gets” teens and loves working with them;
- has the ability to and feels comfortable with facilitating meaningful discussions and experiential activities related to Judaism and gender by employing a range of modalities;
- is passionate, organized, motivated and a good role model.
The adults who lead Rosh Hodesh and Shevet groups across the country are a diverse group: Jewish communal professionals, educators, social workers, lawyers, doctors, artists, chefs, actors and software engineers. Join us!
- Attend a one-time Moving Traditions’ Summer National Training Conference (dates and locations vary; meets Sunday -Tuesday);
- Support your supervisor in recruitment efforts and retention efforts;
- Sustain an ongoing group through monthly, two-hour gatherings, followed up with regular communication to parents;
- Use provided materials and personal creativity to facilitate fun and meaningful gatherings;
- Manage group dynamics and maintain appropriate boundaries. Identify and act upon any issues that require follow‐up or referrals;
- Become familiar with current popular culture through television, teen magazines, and other teen‐targeted media;
- Help evaluate the program’s effect on the participants.
- Interface periodically with Moving Traditions’ Regional Director and Manager of Recruitment and Mentoring to report on the ongoing status of the group
To apply for this job please visit www.movingtraditions.org.