Website Schechter Manhattan
Student-centered Manhattan Jewish Day school with a strong culture of faculty reflection, collaboration, and professional growth, is looking for a thoughtful Jewish educator to immediately fill a middle school position.
The position includes teaching Torah, Rabbinics, and holidays in 7th and 8th grades, as well as leading 7th grade advisory. Teacher is responsible for curriculum and supporting students, as well as being a supportive member of the wider middle school team.
- At least 2 years of classroom teaching required
- BA, EdM, or MA in education preferred
- Training in, and/or experience with, teaching pre-adolescent students, plus skills in teaching traditional Jewish texts (tanach and Talmud) required
- Familiarity with modern Hebrew preferred
- Experience teaching a student-centered, hands-on curriculum preferred
- Interest and willingness to work in a highly collaborative environment
Salary: commensurate with experience
Contact: email resume to: Gary Pretsfelder, Principal, email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org