Website Hebrew at the Center
Revolutionizing Hebrew Teaching and Learning
Come be a part of the Hebrew revolution!
Hebrew at the Center is a team of professionals dedicated to bringing about a revolution in the teaching and learning of Hebrew and making the Hebrew language a normative part of Jewish life in North America and beyond. Our team includes educators, pedagogues, coaches and trainers, administrators, and leading experts dedicated to strengthening the field and our own capacity to bring about change. Please review the current openings to learn more about how you can bring your skills, experience, and passion to this critical work.
Director of Marketing & Digital Communications
One of our community’s best-kept secrets is about to go very public. If you are a creative, 21st Century marketing and communications pro, adept at developing the big-picture strategy and implementing on-the- ground, we want to meet you. Who are we? A vision-led organization dedicated to the revolutionizing of the teaching and learning of Hebrew, seeking to make Hebrew an integral part of individual’s Jewish identity and a communal priority. We are looking for a partner to help us further sharpen our message and significantly expand our capacity to share our work within the field of Hebrew language education and beyond.
Our talented, high-energy team is collaborative and ambitious. We plan to expand our presence and visibility in the community and grow the organization beyond its current offerings. You are a key player in this effort, providing creative energy and leadership in the areas of marketing, communication, social media, and brand-building. Your work will be fundamental to our growth. Reporting to the CEO, s/he will:
- Work with the CEO and the Advancement Committee to plan and oversee implementation of the annual Marketing and Digital Communications plan to meet the needs of the organization’s external and internal audiences. The Director will serve as the main staff support to this important, growing lay committee
- Communicate the unique vision of Hebrew at the Center to interested professionals, donors and supporters
- Contribute to the writing of a wide range of materials related to marketing and PR about the organization and coordinate its dissemination.
- Work with the CEO, CPO, and pedagogic team to plan and oversee implementation of the recruitment strategy to meet professional learning, school membership, embedded services and earned income goals
- Serve as the lead professional in supporting both the organization’s website and other online platforms and other media, refining and updating materials
- Manage HATC’s blogs in coordination with content experts and work with the CEO, Board President, Development Consultants, and Advancement Committee to coordinate media calendar, including drafting articles
- Works to strengthen internal communications with current staff and supporters, strengthening the brand and ensuring professional and effective communication.
- Maintain a friendly, positive presence at all times with both the inside and outside communities
We will be excited to meet a candidate with the following skills and attributes:
- Experience in positioning, market segmentation, and brand-building
- Expertise in the use of social media and digital platforms to elevate our online profile, recruit individuals, organizations, and supporters to our work, and increase our footprint and impact on the communal conversation
- Crisp writing and editing skills, and the ability to help our team articulate the unique vision and program of the organization with clarity, passion, authority and good humor
- Capable of building new audiences while also strengthening ties with existing donors, organizational collaborators, and clientele
- Able to manage public relations efforts for specific events, emerging stories and the organization as a whole
- Creative strategist and solid project manager with attention to detail
- Exceptionally organized, able to keep track of details, plan ahead and coordinate the various elements of our marketing, communications, and digital efforts.
- A highly motivated and self-directed individual who also appreciates working with a team of professional colleagues and a range of stakeholders
- Familiar with the Jewish educational and nonprofit space
- Able to read and write at a professional level in both English and Hebrew
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred; major in communications, graphic design, marketing, public relations, or a related field preferred
- Three years minimal relevant professional experience
The Director is a central partner in the organization’s national team at an exciting time of growth and development and is prepared to help build a unique institution with a robust, North American profile. This flex-time position can be located anywhere and will begin at a fifty percent FTE, with salary based on high 60’s/low 70’s of FTE, commensurate with experience. This position to be filled by January 1, 2021 or soon after.
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: Rabbi Andrew Ergas, CEO, Hebrew at the Center, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com