The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Global Teen Twinning Program of the Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles engages Jewish youth in personal, meaningful, and global Jewish relationships through reciprocal student delegation exchanges, shared learning opportunities, and immersive cultural experiences. Established twenty-one years ago, this program is implemented in more than 30 schools in Los Angeles, Tel Aviv, and Vilnius, with the goals of building a strong sense of Jewish identity, affinity for Israel, and commitment to Jewish people.
Reporting to the Sr. VP and/or VP of Jewish Education & Engagement, this position is responsible for directing the multi-faceted Twinning Program, empowering effective partnerships between diverse LA, Tel Aviv and Vilnius schools, and serving as the bridge between these vibrant Jewish communities. Additionally, this person will conceptualize and implement ideas for effective Israel/Diaspora programs in diverse educational settings.
- Develop close working relationship with Global Teen Twinning partners’ professional teams and provide guidance and leadership on all matters.
- Proactively and creatively address challenges that arise related to all aspects of the program.
- Serve as principal resource to schools on educational issues and as they develop staff and student relationships involving international delegations, curriculum, programs, and training
- Support LA schools in the development of hosting itineraries that have rich educational and cultural content to enhance the Twinning experience for participants
- Represent the Federation and attend community welcome and farewell events during delegations’ visits.
- Facilitate delegations’ preparation and debrief meetings.
- Facilitate End-of-Year meetings with each partner school to learn of the highlights and challenges the school had during the year, and their plans for the following year.
- Marketing: Elevate the profile of the program including supporting the program’s marketing initiatives on Social Media and other possible outlets in collaboration with Federation’s media relations staff.
- Manage program’s multi-level budget including donor-directed funds and long-term budget needs of programs. Supervise Global Teen Twinning staff to meet strategic goals, ensure a smooth administratively run program, clear and effective communication with coordinators and all Global Teen Twinning staff and partners.
- Oversee Israel implementation of Global Teen Twinning Program, including regular conversations and meetings with Director of Education in Israel and all other relevant staff, schools, professionals, and leaders.
- Oversee all evaluation efforts and share relevant information with partners in LA and Israel.
- Oversee professional development content delivered at facilitated workshops for the Twinning Coordinators.
- Initiate new Twinning models and build new partnerships in order to expand the program and its impact on both communities.
- Ensure alumni database is kept up to date and alumni programming is woven into Global Teen Twinning Programs and Networks.
- Serve as resource for all educational programs in the Ensuring the Jewish Future department for birth through high school to ensure issues related to Israel are thoughtfully integrated, as necessary.
- Work closely with lay leadership, as necessary.
- Serve as a resource to Campaign in proposal development, briefings of staff and donors, and stewardship of donors
Be available to supervisor for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION
- Master’s Degree preferred in community Social Work, Jewish Communal Service, Jewish Education, or non-profit Management.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Jewish Federation, Jewish education, Jewish communal or related field required.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Knowledge of Judaism, Israel, and the needs of the Jewish community in Los Angeles and Israel required.
- Experience in educational planning and budget administration required.
- Fluency in Hebrew preferred.
- Strong understanding of the Israeli culture and community.
- Must be able to travel in US and overseas.
WE ARE PROUD TO BE AN EEO EMPLOYER M/F/V/D
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
If you are interested in applying for this position:
Please send resume and cover letter to:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com