Website Ramah Day Camp in Nyack
Ramah Day Camp in Nyack is a center of transformational experiences where children and young adults have the opportunity to become their best selves in a community dedicated to Jewish living, Jewish learning, and the land, language, and people of Israel. Our exceptional camp program fosters Jewish leadership, growth, playfulness, creative exploration, social action, and lifelong friendships. We celebrate a living, joyful Judaism rooted in the magical place that is Ramah Nyack.
We are currently seeking a full time Development Director who will join our senior professional leadership team. The camp office is located at the Jewish Theological Seminary in New York City. The summer office is located in Nyack, New York.
The Development Director will lead all fundraising efforts, including annual and capital campaigns and tribute giving, oversight of the Camp’s annual benefit dinner and other major events, the cultivation and stewardship of donors and the administration of the donor data management program. This person will report directly to the Executive Director and work closely with the Camp Director, Director of Finance and Operations, as well as lay leadership to develop and attain short and long term development goals.
• Cultivate a stable base of donors for the Camp, building a culture of philanthropy amongst the parents and grandparent of both campers and young staff members.
• Organize all aspects of the Camp’s annual and capital campaigns.
• Foster relationships with current and prospective donors.
• Conduct prospect research.
• Implement a robust alumni giving program.
• Develop strategic initiatives to secure major gifts, corporate and foundation grants and endowment gifts.
• Plan the annual benefit dinner and other major events.
• Steward lay leadership in their roles as ambassadors of camp.
• Manage a robust donor data management system.
• Oversee the writing of the Camp’s annual report and other development materials.
Skills and Qualifications
• Be able to represent Camp Ramah and possess a meaningful appreciation of Ramah’s special place in the community.
• Have 5+ years of development experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, or other related field.
• Be flexible and a team player.
• Be a relationship builder and an excellent communicator.
• Be proficient at Excel, Constant Contact, social networking and donor database management software.
For additional information, please contact Amy Skopp Cooper: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com