Website Camp Ramah in the Berkshires
Camp Ramah in the Berkshires (CRB) is a dynamic Jewish summer sleep-away camp that integrates Jewish values, education, love of Israel, outdoor camping experiences and fun in a natural and nurturing setting. It is a place for personal growth and the development of lifelong friendships. Generations of families have attended and continue to attend this camp which enjoys a stellar reputation and philanthropic support from its Board, community of camp families and the broader Jewish community.
CRB has an exciting new opportunity for a motivated, thoughtful, and organized individual to support our fundraising work.
This role coordinates the day-to-day activity of fundraising administration including donor communication and prospecting, gift management, online software management, marketing, event coordination, and related projects. This role requires someone who will bring a professional, resourceful, and entrepreneurial style, and an ability to work with multiple professional partners with diplomatic interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will know how to manage and prioritize among many different responsibilities and as part of a constantly evolving operation; and will bring strong technology skills, verbal and written communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, and strong capacity for time-management. The candidate will be confident in articulating support and energy for the work of Camp Ramah in the Berkshires, with an eagerness to learn. The position reports directly to the Development Director.
- Database management – responsible for updating and maintaining our development database, including donor records, and recording gifts/pledges; generate and manage donor reports;
- Development Events – assist in planning and execution of development and community engagement events;
- Donor Relations – draft thank you notes and prepare receipts of contribution and any additional materials provided to donors;
- Revenue Forecasting – Maintain reporting and tracking in order to support the Development Director in revenue forecasting and budget projections;
- Coordinate individual and group visits to Camp during the summer season;
- Support CRB’s alumni community activities, through marketing, registration processing, and event coordination.
- Donor prospect research and tracking – identify and research new prospects, provide donor information and analysis to a front-line development team.
- Work with Director of Communications to draft donor materials and communications;
- Support the production of materials for brochures and Annual Report;
- Prepare appropriate collateral for CRB donor meetings, events, and programs;
- Update and maintain development pages on website and online giving;
- Highly professional, customer-service oriented demeanor;
- Takes initiative and executes on new ideas;
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented;
- Knowledge of Jewish camp, and passion for CRB’s mission;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Able to manage multiple complex tasks;
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-energy environment;
- Track record of demonstrating sound judgment by making appropriate decisions and knowing when to communicate and when to take initiative;
- Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively;
- Flexible work style with the ability to work under tight deadlines and with shifting priorities;
- Ability to staff occasional evening and weekend programs in the New York Metropolitan area, in addition to occasional travel to Camp (in Dutchess County, New York) during the summer months.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications – proven ability using Excel and Publisher;
- Experience with CRM data systems management with a strong preference for experience with Raisers’ Edge;
- Experience with Constant Contact.
- 3-6 years of development work experience;
- Good sense of humor;
- BA / BS or equivalent.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Opportunity to reside in Camp during the summer.
Interested candidates please forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org