Website Camp Ramah in the Berkshires
Associate Director of Development
Camp Ramah in the Berkshires
Camp Ramah in the Berkshires (CRB) is a dynamic Jewish summer sleep-away camp that integrates Jewish values, education, love of Israel, outdoor camping experiences and fun in a natural and nurturing setting. It is a place for personal growth and the development of lifelong friendships. Generations of families have attended and continue to attend this camp which enjoys a stellar reputation and philanthropic support from its Board, community of camp families and the broader Jewish community.
The Associate Director of Development will work with the Ramah Berkshires development team (lay and professional) to implement a comprehensive annual fundraising program, that includes annual fundraising events, donor stewardship, and alumni engagement. This is a new position, and a fantastic opportunity for a creative professional with development experience to help our organizational fundraising efforts grow during an exciting stage of our organization’s history.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion and in conjunction with the Camp senior professional team and lay leadership to identify, cultivate and solicit donors.
- Direct the research, planning, and execution of the annual campaign, including prospect research, cultivation, solicitation, donor stewardship, direct marketing, and relationship building.
- Plan and manage all aspects of major fundraising and stewardship events, including the annual gala, golf outing, major donor appreciation events.
- Develop and execute new fundraising and stewardship events and initiatives in support of the Annual Fund.
- Serve as lead staff for in-Camp community engagement events, including Yom Hachnasat Orchim (Visiting Day), Clergy Day, and Yom Bogrei Ramah (annual alumni reunion).
- Work in partnership with the Development Committee to engage lay leaders in annual fundraising efforts, including solicitations and donor appreciation efforts.
- Serve as the key liaison and lead staff for the Ramah Berkshires Alumni Association, facilitating year-round alumni events, communication, and community building.
- Expand our young alumni donor base, expanding the number of alumni ages 18-40 donating through monthly giving, on an annual basis, and through special campaigns.
- Manage systems to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database.
- Work in partnership with the Communications Coordinator to create marketing campaigns to support annual fundraising initiatives.
- Develop new strategies and initiatives based on a comprehensive analysis to increase the number of prospects under active management.
- Ensure individual donors are acknowledged appropriately for giving.
- Track and report progress using specific metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Success Factors
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in fundraising.
- Takes initiative and executes on new ideas.
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented.
- Experience in volunteer management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with donor databases, spreadsheets, and Microsoft and Google applications.
- Ability to establish and foster relationships with donors and prospective donors in Jewish culture and values.
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-energy environment.
- Team player with a good sense of humor.
- Familiarity with Ramah and/or Jewish camping preferred.
- Full-time position.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits and vacation package included.
- Opportunity for camp tuition discount.
- Opportunity to reside in Camp during the summer.
Interested candidates please forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org