Website Camp Ramah in the Poconos
We are seeking a passionate, inspiring, and experienced Jewish professional leader and educator to be the overnight camp director of Camp Ramah in the Poconos. Camp Ramah in the Poconos is a not-for-profit Jewish educational organization that consists of an overnight camp, a day camp, Tikvah programs for campers with special needs, as well as our network of year-round and life-long Jewish engagement. The camp director would be the primary professional responsible for administering all aspects of the overnight camp: marketing and recruitment, camper care and staff support, and programmatic innovation and implementation. The camp director will work closely with our director of camper care and staff development, our Tikvah director, and our year-round team of senior leadership, and will report directly to the organization’s executive director.
Marketing & Recruitment:
- Primary professional responsible for recruiting and retaining camper families through a commitment to customer service and quality control
- Suggest innovations and work collaboratively to systemize our approach to recruitment, retention, and community outreach in and among our communities, local synagogues, and Jewish educational partners
- Create systems of lead management and enrollment to secure a consistently full camp
- Manage our year-round and summertime communication and marketing strategies and implementation
- Implement new recruitment techniques and mission-advancing programs such as family camps and synagogue and community-partner retreats
- Actively participate and seek leadership and volunteer opportunities in our regional Jewish community as well as serve as part of the National Ramah network and the broader field of Jewish camping
Camper Care & Staff Support
- Expertly care for over 500 campers and 225 staff members every summer and through our camper care and staff support systems throughout the year
- Serve as the deciding voice on issues of camper and staff care
- Implement strategies of camper and staff care based on the latest research on mental, emotional, and social health
- Manage the recruitment, interviewing, placement and training process of our American and Israeli staff
- Work with our camper care and staff development team to properly construct positive environments for staff and campers in the bunk
- Devise and implement staff training sessions prior to the summer, during orientation week, and throughout the course of the season
- Manage the scholarship allocation process with our Board liaison, offering the gift of Jewish camp to countless families
Programmatic Innovation & Implementation
- Serve as the chief innovation officer for our programmatic team, expanding and improving upon our programmatic offerings each summer
- Oversight and primary implementation of the summer calendar, the daily schedule, and special programmatic offerings
- Thought partner and practitioner in experiential Jewish educational offerings and innovations
- Managing, designing, and expanding specialty camp experiences within our overnight camp offerings
- Primary individual responsible for reviewing, communicating, and implementing new ideas and initiatives based on our yearly camper and staff surveys
The ideal candidate will be a professional with significant management experience in the field of Jewish camping or a close proximate; they should be an empathetic mentor, a highly-skilled communicator dedicated to customer service and quality control, a dynamic and inspiring Jewish leader and role model, and they should be drawn to a collaborative work environment based on a commitment to growth-mindset and professional development. Candidate should be personally committed to the values and religious lifestyle of Conservative Judaism, convey a passion for Torah, Israel, and tikkun olam, and be proficient in Hebrew.
Compensation and benefits are highly-competitive and commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to the executive director, Rabbi Joel Seltzer
To apply for this job please visit ramahpoconos.org.